Mocha CFW – CFW For The Wii U
I posted an article earlier talking about an easy method of hacking your Wii U, with that method you can also install this awesome CFW which is created by dimok, here is some information about it:
Mocha CFW is a custom firmware that is derived from iosuhax. It offers all the features of iosuhax and some addional features without the requirement of a fw.img on the SD card. Furthermore it combines all the current features of a custom firmware such as sysNAND or redNAND with signature patches into one application with a configuration setting.
Mocha CFW hooks itself into the IOS launch process, right before it jumps into the bootrom, and patches the (at this point) decrypted IOS ELF in memory with new functions.
- fw.img less custom firmware
- sysNAND or redNAND patching in one application, selected/saved in a setting
- SEEPROM redirection to/from SD card
- OTP redirection from SD card
- custom launch image on load of the custom firmware if exist on sd card (sd:/wiiu/apps/mocha/launch_image.tga)
CTR-V – New NTR-Debugger
ShinyMK has released a new application that allows you to record the gameplay of your New 3DS from your PC, below is some information:
This is heavily based on Nitro-Stream so full credit to the maker!
This is CTR-V (CTR-Viewer).
I made this as I didn’t quite like the UI on NitroStream and it had a lot of bugs and stuff I prefered it to have.
So I started working for hours and ended up getting the base bone up and running.
Improvements compared to NitroStream:
- It’s a single .exe file, No .dll or config files needed, Not even NTRViewer itself. Just CTR-V is needed.
- All required NTRViewer .dll files are embed into CTR-V.
- New Custom UI – Completely different.
- No config files are needed, all setting data is stored in the EXE.
- Its no longer WPF, Its now a Windows Forms Application.
- Connection/Load Speed is noticeably faster and easier. (CTR-V: Roughly 2 seconds, NitroStream: Roughly 8-10 seconds).
- The best settings to use are set by default. (For Good Connections)
- It no longer double connects (You can see NitroStream double connecting from the log).
Downsides compared to NitroStream:
- Filesize is much higher. (Embed Files, Custom UI).
- No source code (Yet!)
Here is a video showing the result of recording the top screen on the 3DS:
The Wii U has been out for just over four years and whilst it does have a few awesome games and some cool hardware, it hasn’t really done well for itself, this perhaps could be blamed totally on Nintendo, for example the Wii U still remains more expensive than the younger more advanced PS4, combine that with the companies lack of third party titles and we have a disaster.
Anyhow if you own a Wii U and have been upset with its lack of games, you can fix that by hacking it to enable Homebrew and play all your favourite Emulators, something that used to be quite difficult is now extremely easy, below is a super easy guide taken from GBATemp:
-A WiiU connected to internet
-An SD Card (any sd card is fine)
1. Plug an SD into your WiiU
2. Visit http://wiiubru.com/go on your Wii U and press continue; this will load the Homebrew Appstore (loading times may vary in base of you internet connection; if it takes more than 2 minutes your WiiU is probably crashed, so reboot it and try again)
3. Download the Homebrew Launcher and the apps you wish to have (remember to thank @vgmoose for Homebrew Appstore)
4. Done! You can now launch the Homebrew Launcher (with the SD Card plugged in) by visiting http://wiiubru.com/x (or http://loadiine.ovh choosing Homebrew Launcher 1.3 package) on your WiiU’s browser every time you want to use homebrews
Today some information and rumours have come out about Nintendo’s upcoming console called Switch, one such piece of information comes from Eurogamer, stating that Gamecube games will be playable via Virtual Console:
Nintendo Switch will be able to play GameCube games via its Virtual Console service, three separate sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.
GameCube support is already tested and working, we understand, and three Nintendo games have already been prepped for Switch.
Those games are Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi’s Mansion and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Another story suggests that Dark Souls 3 is running on the console and the company is considering a trilogy re-release