has managed to get the PS4’s Dualshock 4 control pad running on the Wii, here is a quote from his artcle on the forum:
I’ve spent a few days trying to get a connection between the Wii and a Dualshock 4. In order to get it working, I had to do some “reverse engineering” to the libogc’s Bluetooth stack and I finally found what was happening: the Bluetooth protocol authentication part of the libogc’s bluetooth stack was missing. I’ve already submitted a patch to the official libogc repository.
Well, after getting the “authentication” working, I started implementing the specific DS4 bluetooth protocol (thanks to here and here).
The Dualshock4 need to be paired through USB before establishing a Bluetooth connection, so I’ve crafted a program called ds4pair_wii that makes this, it pairs the DS4 to the Wii’s Bluetooth address. ds4pair_wii also writes to the SD a file called ds4wiibt_config, which has a list of each MAC of all the paired DS4 controllers.
After pairing, the connection can be established, once you press the PS button, the Dualshock 4 will try to connect to its paired MAC. Before this, the Wii has to be listening (aka waiting) for the DS4 controller to be turned on. After this, connections is established.
- Run ds4pair_wii with the DS4 connected over USB, it’ll create a config file to the SD
- Run ds4wiibt (it’ll load the config file), turn on the DS4 (press PS button)
Compiled apps: https://www.mediafire.com/?1ld710qi1whk55i
ds4wiibt source code: https://github.com/xerpi/ds4wiibt
ds4pair_wii source code : https://github.com/xerpi/ds4pair_wii
Visit The Forum To Discuss The Story: [Working PoC] ds4wiibt – Connection between Dualshock4 and Wii through Bluetooth
WiiLauncher has been updated recently, here is a quote from the change log
0.2 – April 20, 2014
Regain the ability to download cheat codes from geckocodes.org by using libcurl
Add specific treatments for WiiMode-WiiU
Homer Simpson easter egg (hint: donut)
Newo Asteroids has been updated to version 2.9, here are the changes:
Version 2.9 – April 16, 2014
- Adjustments for widescreen tvs
- Bug fixes and optimizations
I’ve read the whole bootrom code and i have to admit, that big N has done a good job on hiding where and how it calls the AES code.
Finding the AES implementation is easy, it’s just before the ancast header check function and after the most useless function.
Finding how the AES implementation is called, is a little bit hard, for two reasons:
there are no cross references in the text segment; This means you will not see something like:
there are no addresses saved in the data segment:
AES_offset: .long AES_Decrypt
So how to find it? you have to read the code, because the value is hardcoded and saved into a memory on an unknown address (like 0xE0000000); then a function will load that addresses to the count (CTR) register and jumps there.
I’ll make an example:
How normally should be:
How is obfuscated on the Wii U:
The last thing:
I had a lot of fun on reverse the whole bootrom. You’ll find interesting stuff, there (but not keys :P).
Newo Asteroids as been updated to version 2.8, here is some info, followed by the changelog:
Newo Asteroids is a game made in the style of classic Asteroids. In 2064 on a Wednesday, aliens disturb the asteroid belt sending asteroids hurdling towards the earth. It is your job to destroy every last asteroid in the solar system and bring peace to the galaxy.
- Use your little ship to destroy asteroids threatening the earth while UFOs try to stop you.
- Large free space environment filled with asteroids.
- Power-ups, custom colours and alternate fire (focused or spread)
- Game modes; Easy, Normal, Hard and Classic. Speed run options: 3, 5 and 10 minutes.
- Online Leaderboard
- Customizable colours and 3d graphics in Textured, Flat, Cellshaded and Wireframe mode.
- Customizable controls schemes; Tank, Wii pointer (with nunchuk), Dual Analog, wiimote sideways and Eightway
- Customizable camera views.
- Title screen and Menu Sound effects designed by kenney.nl @kenneywings
- Background music; Flesheaters by Matt Nida from freemusicarchive
- 3d models by Julian
- PowerUp Textures by JoostinOnline
- Auto-Updates when new versions are released
Version 2.8 – February 24, 2014
- Added loading screen
- Added Auto Update
- Fixed Http bug which caused leaderboard to load slowly
- Leaderboard statistics now has its own website
- Updated engine libraries, fixed animation bugs, updated menus