WiiUHax.com Tutorial: How to Get Wii Backups Working on the Wii U By BobbyBlunt And NeoSabin
We had this one up earlier, but some drama caused by the mentally unstable writer d0rks0ul aka twat420 aka Tehruler, meant that it was destroyed, but the silly child didn’t realise, that nothing is truly destroyed, so here it is and sorry for the inconvenience, in future i wont little silly little children have access to posts 🙂
Read these instructions carefully, at least twice before proceeding. Never mix and match Wii and Wii U WAD files. The two are separate things. Failure to follow instructions or warnings may result in brick. Following this tutorial may result in voiding your system warranty.
WiiUHax.com and its authors are NOT resposible for any damage or loss that may occur by following this tutorial.
Step #1: Follow the WiiUHax.com .Wad Manager Tutorial if you haven’t already done so. (If you’ve run it before and are having problems getting backups working after this tutorial, follow that tutorial again and start this one from the beginning.)
Step #2 (optional): Backup your Wii Mode NAND using our guide *LINK COMING SOON*
Step #3: Download D2X cIOS Installer 2.2 and d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.zip (You should have a folder ‘d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii’ in the d2x cios installer v2.2 folder. So it should look something like this: /apps/d2x cIOS Installer 2.2/d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii). Also download the latest version of WiiFlow
Step #4: Extract the D2x cIOS 2.2 installer first. Move to the APPS folder on your SD card. Then extract and move the d2x-v10-beta53-alt.vWii.zip files to the D2X Installer folder in your \apps\ Extract the latest version of WiiFlow to your \apps\ folder too
Step #5: You need the following THREE files in the root of your SD card:
How to get them:
- Download Bluedump 0.3 and extract the files to folder titled Bluedump 0.4a
- Rename bluedump-alpha04.dol to boot.dol and place it in a folder titled Bluedump 0.4a in your /apps/ folder of your SD card (You should have /apps/Bluedump 0.4a/boot.dol)
- Launch BlueDump via HBC. With the arrow on “00000001 – SYSTEM TITLES” Press the A Button. Using the D-PAD press DOWN until you are on the desired system title and then press the ’1? Button on your Wii Mote. Using the D-PAD change the bracket selection to “Save as WAD” and press the A button, press A Button again for “Save to SD”.
- Go to the \BlueDump\WAD\ folder on your SD. Rename the 56, 57, 58 WADs according to the filenames: IOS56-64-v5918.wad, IOS57-64-v6175.wad, and IOS58-64-v6432.wad Move them to the ROOT of your SD card.
Step #6:Boot into Wii Mode, launch HBC, and from there launch d2x cios installer. Press A to get past the intro screen, and press A again when prompted about selecting IOS 236.
Step #7: You should now be at the INSTALLATION PROCESS screen. There should be an arrow under SETTINGS on “Select Cios”.
- Using the D-PAD press RIGHT until you can see “d2x-v10-beta53-alt.vWii” in the “Select cIOS” brackets. Once that is selected, press DOWN on the DPAD, moving the arrow to “Select cIOS base”. Press RIGHT until “56? is in the brackets. (leave “Select cIOS slot” at “249?) With “d2x-v10-beta53-alt.vWii” under “Select cIOS” and “Select cIOS base” on “56? Press A.
- Once it installs press A to continue. Now change the “Select cIOS base” to “57 slot 250 and Press A, then Press A again to continue.
- Now finally change the “Select cIOS” base to “58 slot 251 and Press A then press B to quit once the installation successfully completes.
Step #8:Return to HBC, plug in your USB device to the Wii U’s back upper-most USB port, launch WiiFlow and enjoy playing Wii Backups on your Wii U!
That’s it! You should now be able to launch WiiFlow and load Wii Backups. (NOTE: as of the time of this writing USBLoader GX does not appear to work, future updates should fix this)
This tutorial was created by BobbyBlunt And NeoSabin, enjoy 🙂
A special thanks to bubba for his contributions to this tutorial.