The SNES Classic Mini came out a little under 2 weeks ago and since then a similar tool that was used on the NES classic came out for the SNES.
- Change any game settings (including command-line arguments)
- Fill all game data automatically using included database
- Automatically check for supported games
- Search for box art using Google Images
- Use Game Genie codes for NES games; includes Game Genie database
- Automatically patch problem games (patches for many popular games included)
- Upload hundreds of games at once
- Return to the HOME menu with a button combination instead of the Reset button
- Enable autofire A/B
- Simulate the start button on the second controller (for Famicom Mini)
- Disable seizure protection
- Allows to install user-mods to add more features (even support for SNES/N64/Genesis/etc., music replacement, themes, etc.)
It definitely makes that purchase worth a lot more if the unreleased Star Fox was not enough ( which the guy on twitter overclocked and made a comparison video.)
Changes in this version:
- Better games compatibility for SNES Mini (updated database of preset IDs, better LoROM/HiROM detection).
- Built in database of problem games, so hakchi2 will ask you to switch to 3rd party emulator automatically (e.g. RetroArch).
- Original games are not using extra memory space anymore, so we have some extra space for additional games (thanks to DanTheMan827!)
- “remove_thumbnails” mod no longer slows down SNES Mini’s startup (thanks to brian91292!)
- Bundled with new mod “snes_custom_filters” which allows to disable scanlines in CRT mode or enable bilinear filter in 4:3 mode. Please read mod description before install.
- Bundled with new mod “extra_space”. This is experimental mod for SNES Mini which moves your save-states data to unused partition of NAND flash. This partition is only 50MB in size but it will free some space for games because SNES Mini’s save-states are huge. Please read mod description before install.