3DS Smash Bros Exploit By yellows8
Very well know Nintendo scene developer yellows8 has released a exploit for the 3DS that requires Smash Bros, here is a quote from the source:
This is haxx for Super Smash Bros for 3DS, via local-WLAN beacon haxx. The haxx triggers while the application is scanning for local multiplayer sessions, when the beacon is being broadcasted. In certain cases the application may somewhat hang or crash prior to any actual ROP being run: this hax is not completely reliable, one reason is because the heap layout not always being in the intended state. Another reason(which actually seems to be the main cause usually) is that the ROP may fail to recv another beacon quickly enough, which results in jumping to using a stack which is all-zeros(there’s no good way to do error checking/looping for that, partly because of lack of space). Also note that in some cases it may take a while for the hax to trigger.
Since this is all contained in a single wifi beacon, the amount of space available for the hax is very small: currently almost all of this space is used.
Supported application builds:
demo: USA+EUR supported and tested. There’s no difference between the regular demo and the “Special Demo” with this hax. This was the only version of Smash-3ds supported by this hax initially, until after the USA version of the game was released.
- v1.0.0. USA: supported+tested. “gameother”: supported+tested.
- v1.0.2. USA: supported, not tested.
- v1.0.4. USA: supported+tested. “gameother”: supported, not tested.
- v1.0.5. USA: “supported”. The target heap address for overwriting the target object varies, hence this hax doesn’t actually work right with this version. This version is not fully supported due to this.
- v1.1.0. USA: supported+tested. “gameother”: supported+tested.
Visit The Forum To Discuss The Story: [Released] 3DS Smash Bros Exploit By yellows8 – 3DS