The ZX Spectrum Emulator for the Wii has been updated to version 10, here is a quote of the changes and features.
- Tape browser
- TZX “select block” block
- TZX “jump to block” block
- TZX messages shown on the screen
- Instant load for TZX files too
- Improved instant load routine: most of TAP files can be instant loaded now
- Keys can be kept pressed in Virtual Keyboard
- QAOP joystick
- 16 bit sound
- Linear interpolation anti aliasing sound filter
- Removed crackling in menu change
- Mic bit emulation (Cobra’s Arc speach works now)
- Option to have pause between blocks in instant load
- Option to disable tape rewind on reset
- Option to ignore joystick configuration of z80 files
- Tape stops on reset
- Fixed bug in emulation precision option saving
- Other minor fixings and improvements
The main features are:
- Emulates accurately the Original 48Kspectrum (both issue 2 and issue 3), the classic 128K, the Amstrad Plus 2, the Amstrad Plus 2A, the Spanish 128K and the NTSC 48k. This includes screen, keyboard and sound (both speaker and AY-3-8912 chip).
- Screen emulation is extremely accurate, so it can emulate border effects and even attribute effects.
- In precision mode floating bus and interrupt timing are accuratly emulated.
- Frambuffer resolution at 640X480 or 320X240.
- Supports Z80 snapshots, both loading and saving, and loading .SNA snapshots.
- Supports TAP (both read and write) and TZX (only read) tape files, supporting normal speed loading and instant loading.
- Tape browser
- Supports POKE files.
- Supports ZIP files.
- FTP client for loading games from internet repositories (e.g. WOS).
- Emulates up to 2 joysticks of types: kempston, cursor and sinclair1 and sinclair2.
- All the wiimote, nunchuck and classic controller buttons and joypads are fully configurable.
- IR Virtual keyboard support.
- Emulates the Interface I and Microdrive.
- Emulates the ULAPlus
- Based in a new, fully free, Z80 emulator (Z80Free).