libntfs has recently been updated, here is some information about it, followed by the change log:
- Full read/write, files of any size can be created, modified, renamed, moved, or deleted.
- Compression, read/write support for compressed files
- Symbolic link and directory junction walking
- Partial journaling (see below)
NTFS-3G only supports partial journaling, so unexpected crashes or power loss can leave the file system in an inconsistent state. The only way to (correctly) fix it is to boot into Windows and let NTFS replay the journal; However, in most situations (read: it is not 100% guaranteed) this is not required and the file system can be remounted without problem. In situations where there has been heavy disc activity prior to the crash or power loss it is recommended you let Windows replay the journal before remounting with libntfs in order to prevent possible data lose and/or corruption.
January 15, 2013
- Update/sync with NTFS-3G version 2013.1.13 see full change log on NTFS-3G.
- Fix bug where deleting a file / directory returned always success (0)
- Change make install to default to wii-install and seperated cube-install
- Change wii-install to copy files to $PORTLIBS path
- Remove change of locale on ntfsInit