Smealum has released a region free method for the 3DS, here is a quote from the source:
region free loader for 3DS/3DSXL/2DS on firmware versions 9.0-9.4 this also allows you to bypass mandatory gamecard firmware updates
loads games from other regions and runs them in YOUR language if possible !
- Does this work on the latest firmware version ? Yes, 9.4 is supported.
- Does this let me run homebrew and/or roms ? No, it just lets you run legit physical games from other regions.
- Do I need to connect to the internet every time I want to use this ? Yes.
- Do I need a flashcart/game/hardware for this ? No.
- Will this work on my New 3DS ? No, at the moment this only works on 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS models.
- Will it ever work on the New 3DS ? Maybe. I don’t plan on working on it, like, ever, but the code is out there now so…
- Will this break or brick my 3DS ? No. There’s virtually 0 chance of that happening, all this runs is run of the mill usermode code, nothing dangerous. Nothing unusual is written to your NAND, nothing permanent is done. With that in mind, use at your own risk, I won’t take responsibility if something weird does happen.
- Do you take donations ? No, I do not.
Visit The Forum To Discuss The Story: [Released] RegionThree By Smealum