So a member on PS3HaX asked for information on hacking the Wii, i realised that i have nothing on this site to facilitate that, so im making this thread, in an effort to help people with hacking their Wii, these methods at the present moment will not work on the Mini Wii:
ModMii for Windows
daxtsu from PS3HaX says there is no other reason to use anything but ModMii, so im going to add it first:
Introduction: What is ModMii?
ModMii, formerly known as NUS Auto-Downloader, is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii; it can generate custom guides based on your Wii’s specifications, and save the files to your SD Card in their appropriate locations for easy offline softmodding.
It is also capable of performing many other wii hacking functions like setting up a usb-loader and creating an emulated NAND.
What can ModMii do?
- It can download all the files necessary to Modify, Upgrade & Downgrade your Wii System Menu
- Able to build a custom easy to follow guide to setting up a USB-Loader (including how to format/partition your external hard drive)
- Install SNEEK, build emulated NANDs, and Batch Extract Wii/Gamecube Games for use with SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI
- Load NEEK on a Wii without softmodding it using the Abstinence Wizard
- Region Change Your Wii
- Update only your outdated softmods based on a syscheck log from your Wii
- Download individual IOS/cIOS files, Official Wii Channels, System Menus, Wii Apps, DML, etc.
- Install patched IOSs without an wifi connection on your Wii
- Customize Bootmii, Wad Manager and MMM start-up settings using ModMii Configurators to create a custom config files
- This is also capable of building many different System Menu Themes (csm’s and themed SM Wads)
- Provides a solution for the upside-down homebrew channel and the HackMii installer No Vulnerable IOS problems
- Advanced Custom Downloads Feature will allow you to easily patch and change the slot/version of IOSs/cIOSs. It can also build 3 different types of forwarder dol’s and iso’s (only use this feature if you know what you are doing!!)
- Save\Load custom Download Queues
- and much much more!
Guide: Softmod ANY Wii – wiihacks.com – recommended by PS3HaX member playerkp420
Im not going to copy all of this, because its too long and it really would be fair to copy it, so ill post a snippet and if you want to read about it, click on the link after the quote:
Softmod/Hack almost ANY Wii v13 3/30/2013
New wiis, old wiis, virgin wiis or your favorite slutty wii.
Korean wiis, Japanese wiis, even those Exotic black, red and blue wiis
THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE WII MINI.
It has no SD support, as such, there is presently no known way to hack this console.
For softmodding purposes, the Wii Mini is to be avoided.
To be clear this guide is for WII NOT WiiU.
Softmoding can brick your wii, this is very very unlikely. Accept this fact or stop now.Works with 3.0-4.3u/e/j/k
Compatible with hardmoded Wiis and softmoded Wiis. Softmoded Wiis, just follow the guide, don’t delete anything. This guide will overwrite your old softmod!
NOTE: This guide now has complete support for the motion plus TR remotes!
If your Wii Remote was purchased after November 2011, there is a chance that it may not be compatible with all Homebrew applications. Apps that were compiled prior to March 2012 are not compatible with these remotes.
This guide includes all the latest apps, making it 100% compatible!This Guide uses some terminology that you may not be familiar with as of yet. For those of you that wish to just dive right in, we have tried our best to make it as noob friendly as possible. For those of you who like to understand things a bit better first, take a read of BluPhant’s Thinking about hacking a Wii? Start here! [A basic Introduction to Wii hacking]. It will give you a greater understanding of what you are about to do to your Wii, along with a bunch of other great info. Happy Modding!
CompleteSoftmodGuide (Recommended By PS3HaX member ZroSignal)
Nintendo Wii Softmod Guide
The Latest And Easiest Wii Softmod Yet – (Jan 2012) – LetterBomb
I think that should be enough for now, all those links above should be useful for helping in modding your Wii system.
Visit The Forum To Discuss The Story: Hacking – Modding The Wii