A lot of us who bought the Wii U, already own the Wii and it can be bothersome to have both consoles running at the same time, so you can transfer your Wii information to your Wii U, this is how:
- Set up the Wii U console, and start the Wii Menu.
- Start the Wii System Transfer application, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Insert an SD Card or SDHC Card into the SD Card slot of the Wii U console when prompted.
- When prompted, remove the SD Card and leave the Wii U console in its current state. Do not turn off the power or return to the Wii Menu.
- Connect the Wii console to the TV.
- On Wii, start the Wii Shop Channel and download the Wii U Transfer Tool from the Channels section.
- Start the Wii U Transfer Tool and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the process, the application will inform you which data has been moved. Remove the SD Card from the Wii when the application asks you to do so.
- Insert the SD Card into the Wii U console, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the system transfer.
- Once the process is complete, you can enjoy your content on your new Wii U console.
The length of time it takes to transfer content from a Wii console to a Wii U console varies depending on the volume of data being moved across. In some cases the transfer process can take up to an hour and a half. Please do not turn off the power to the Wii U console during the transfer process, or remove the SD Card unless instructed to do so.
Visit The Forum To Discuss The Story: Transfer From Wii To Wii U