With HENkaku being full of awesome there is so much more news to cover and i am finding it harder to cover all the news, i have even been neglecting WiiUHaX as i simply cannot find the extra time or the energy to do everything as well as deal with the headaches that come with maintaining a server.
So i am writing this thread to see if anyone want’s to write news for the forum, before you think you do, be aware that i am quite anal and strict with my rules which will be listed below:
Being A News Poster On PlayStationHaX
- You need to be a member of the forum, that one is kinda obvious.
- You should own the console you are writing about, this is not necessary, but having the console might actually help you write an article better.
- You have to understand that you will be writing news in a volunteer basis and it is not a job.
- You have to be able to spell and write, reading also helps, if you have a problem with spelling, install a spell checker.
- You need to be able to take criticism, people will at some stage shit on something you wrote, you need to be able to deal with that.
Writing News On PlayStationHaX
- You must write at least one article per week.
- You must write your own article, even if it is only one or two lines, copy & pasting an article as your own is strictly prohibited.
- You must source and source properly, for instance, you see an article on PSX-Place first, but their source is Wololo, you must add Wololo as the source and if you wish to do so, add PSX-Place as the Via below where you added the source, you do not have to add the Via, but it is the nice thing to do if that’s were you seen the information first.
- Your news can be about anything console related or single board computer related.
- You article should have an image, the image must be uploaded to an image hosting website, no hot linking.
If you still want to be a news writer after reading that, create a post stating so and what skills you have at writing, being a news writer somewhere else before is not compulsory though.